sexta-feira, 14 de abril de 2017

PopCorn Corner: Parks and Recreation - Season 1

Parks and Recreation - Season 1 (2009)
Created by Greg Daniels & Michael Schur
Episodes: 6
Runtime: 22 min.
Genre: Comedy




The absurd antics of an Indiana town's public officials as they pursue sundry projects to make their city a better place.






The first time I watched Parks and Rec it was after a marathon of The Office, which I loved and needed more, so when I discovered this show and it was said it had being inspired by it I had to check out. This was three years ago and since them this has become one of my all time favorite tv shows, I have at least one annual re-watch and always come back to watch more episodes when I need a good show to pick me up.

That being said the first season of the show isn't all that great, so much in fact that in some of my re-watches I just skip her altogether, it's very clear that the show hasn't finding its own voice and footing yet specially when we see the grow of the characters through the seasons. The most distinct difference for me is Leslie Knope, played by Amy Poheler, in this season she isn't the strong, powerful, feminist leader that I look out to, she has some racist and sexist behaviors/jokes and I really hate the way they decided to portrait her relationship with Mark.

The entire show actually still has some jokes about topics that are considered jokes and it's not the kind of jokes that make you think sort of, it's just plain old racist jokes and others. Still, there is glimpses where we can see the good of this, like Tom's not taking shit, and Leslie having role models on strong powerful women and Ann's realistic ways of facing this band of crazy people from the Parks department.

I really enjoy this show overall and recommend it to everyone, so yeah, despite not loving the first season I highly suggest you start watching it, it's only six episodes so it's over really quickly and you can move on.

Verdict: 5 out of 10 stars

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário