quinta-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2015

Faking It - Cora Carmack

Faking It by Cora Carmack 
Series: Losing It #2 
Published on June 4, 2013 by William Morrow Paperbacks


Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel.
I dived in Faking It right when I finished Losing It, its prequel, having heard so much praise for this one I was super excited to be getting into it, but unfortunately some parts didn't worked for me while others did. This one as its predecessor is a super funny and quickly read, these books are the perfect reads for when you want some brain candy but I for me Faking It loosed a little of its fun by giving their characters a complicated past, especially Max. Max is a supposed trouble maker because of *reasons* on her past and this weighted down my enjoyment on some parts of the story, this isn't a book problem more of a me problem, since I came into this one expecting only fun sexy times and got drama on a way that is pretty common among New Adult books.

Nonetheless this was still super enjoyable on its fun and sexy parts, I was super happy when I discovered this one was about Cade because he was such a good guy on Losing It and I couldn't wait to see him get his happy ending. The faking dating trope is something that always works for me, it's always fun to see the couple struggling to keep things on the fake side but you already know there is no turning back, and oh boy all the banter and hilarious scenes this leads us to.

In the end of the day this was a pretty good book that I would recommend to anyone looking for a fun, quickly and sexy read but be warmed this series does tend to be pretty predictable and more on the drama side at times.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário