terça-feira, 21 de abril de 2015

99 Days - Katie Cotugno

99 Days by Katie Cotugno
Published by Balzer + Bray on April 21, 2015
Pages: 384
Genres: Contemporary, Love Triangle
Format: eARC
Source: Edelweiss
From the acclaimed author of How to Love comes another stunning contemporary novel, perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen.

Molly Barlow is facing one long, hot summer—99 days—with the boy whose heart she broke and the boy she broke it for . . . his brother.

Day 1: Julia Donnelly eggs my house my first night back in Star Lake, and that's how I know everyone still remembers everything. She has every right to hate me, of course: I broke Patrick Donnelly's heart the night everything happened with his brother, Gabe. Now I'm serving out my summer like a jail sentence: Just ninety-nine days till I can leave for college and be done.

Day 4: A nasty note on my windshield makes it clear Julia isn't finished. I'm expecting a fight when someone taps me on the shoulder, but it's just Gabe, home from college and actually happy to see me. "For what it's worth, Molly Barlow," he says, "I'm really glad you're back."

Day 12: Gabe wouldn't quit till he got me to come to this party, and I'm surprised to find I'm actually having fun. I think he's about to kiss me—and that's when I see Patrick. My Patrick, who's supposed to be clear across the country. My Patrick, who's never going to forgive me.
This book you guys. Wow, just, wow. The more I think about this story the more I like it, I started it on a total impulse back on December thinking this would be just another contemporary book with a love triangle that wasn't even trying and end up reading it on one night, this book is addictive, incredible well written and has such a roller coaster of a story that it was impossible to put down while reading it.

This book would never have worked on the hands of another writer, because no one else would have been able to put so many feelings inside of words and transmit it to the readers like Cotugno was able to do. There weren't pretty emotions too, there are raws emotions, twisted and sometimes it made me uncomfortable, there were scenes that made me cringe and others that made me cry and there were also some that made me helpful and smile.

The story takes place on 99 days of summer, when Molly is back to her hometown and is sort of a start over but also a closing for her story with these brothers and all their drama. I felt that her drawn for both of them was so real, I could feel on the appeal of both of these brothers for Molly - how Patrick being her first and only love and how hard it was to see him and know he hated her and wanting to fix things, but also Gabe with his easy ways, always wanting to please her it was hard to not fall for him - and I could see her appeal to them too. I liked the ending, it sort of broke my heart because I was hoping to *something* to happen, which for the reasons that this book is just too real it didn't but yeah, I'm cool with it (quietly sobs).

Some minor pet peeves was that I would have liked more of the flashbacks, especially of the time Molly and Patrick were dating, I think we got those too later on and it would have been better sooner on the story for us to understand what had went down when they broke up but also I would have liked more of them falling in love ('cause I'm a masochist like that I wanted to cry some more). Also Molly's relationship with her mother could have used more pages to be developed, I just wish that they had one honest conversation with each other - especially before her mother consoles her.

The slut-shaming that Molly had to deal with was handled on a good way, I liked that we do get a resolution with Julia and that she has her reasons to being such a bitch at first. The friendships too are good on this one, I liked Molly coming to terms with her old best friend and her developing a relationship with her boss - and how it helped her to figure out what she wanted to do on life.

I recommend this book to everyone, even if you don't think a contemporary romance between a girl and two brothers is your kind of thing (the good new is I didn't think it was mine either!) give it a shot and if the first chapters don't capture your attention I let you quit.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário