quinta-feira, 8 de janeiro de 2015

Seasonal Recommendations | Fall 2014

 Okay, so I should probably just quit this because I always put this list late when it's already mid-whatever-other-season-is so yeah, but I will probably keep trying for a few more seasons and see if I some day get it at the right time ;) These are my favorite books from Fall of 2014 (September 23 to December 21). 



Paranormal/Sci-Fi/Fantasy:
1. Miss Mayhem, by Rachel Hawkins: this is the sequel to Rebel Belle and to say I was excited to it is a understatement, I was so excited that end up reading it back on September right when I was accepted for the eARC, let's just say it's good like REALLY good and I need the third book like yesterday. Review will be up on April 5. 
2. The Young Elites, by Marie Lu: when I read this I had never read anything by Marie Lu (now I already read Legend, and also loved) and it got me by surprise how dark these characters were and the fantasy was just amazing. My review
3. Stitching Snow, by R.C.Lewis: This book was so what I was needing when I read it, it was a plot point after another never letting me bored, it had a very cool space kind of fantasy setting, a very kick ass heroine and a adorable love interest. I should probably write a review for it soon.
4. Blue Lily, Lily Blue, by Maggie Stiefvater: IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS SERIES YET WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE, START MAKING GOOD DECISIONS AND GO READ THIS SERIES GO, IT'S NOT TO LATE!!!!111!!! 
5. Unspoken, by Sarah Rees Brennan: I decided to marathon this series because I had an eARC for the last one and oh boy it was the best decision I ever made, it's perfect banter-fluffy but it's also SO MANY FEELS and romance full of angst and so many good characters, but specially Kami, KAMI 4 QUEEN. I tried to do a series review, idk if it worked

Contemporary:
6. All Fall Down, by Ally Carter: this book was so GOOD! It has that kind of writing that is just the right tipe for me, it's light and just suck you right in and I wasn't planning on staying up until 3AM to finish this but I didn't had a choice. Review will be up on January 29.
7. The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion: I have been hearing great things about this book for years so I finally got around to read and OH MY GOD WHY DID I WAITED SO LONG, it's funny and quirk and super nerdiness heaven and the romance is beyond cute and Don is being cute when he's trying to interact with humans. I should probably try to do a series review soon. 
8. Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging, by Louise Rennison: I had never finished reading this series when I was a teenager so when I got the audios from the library it was about damn time for me to re-read and them finish it and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED DOING IT! Georgia remain as funny as I remembered and yeah, I will maybe to a series review to try to convince you of reading this series.
9. When Joss Met Matt, by Ellie Cahill: This book guys, it's New Adult but it's written by Liz Czukas (which if you have read it you should, she wrote Ask Again Later & Top Ten Clues You're Clueless) and it's basically perfection, it has some sexy times but nothing too graphic (which will probably disappoint some NA readers but for it was fine), it's also funny and there is a perfect romance, seriously. My review will be up at some point on February. 
10. Wonder, by R.J. Palacio: This book totally took me by surprise, I had heard good things of course but I wasn't sure if it was for me, but I bought it on a sale and OH BOY DID I LOVED IT. It touched me and it also made me laugh and just so good, it deserves all the hype it gets. My review.

I hope you guys find this usefull and that you can find some off your next reads here. 
P.S.: I swear it wasn't 10 on purpose, I just had 10 books with 5-to-4 stars rating these last season




Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário