domingo, 4 de outubro de 2015

Black Widow: Forever Red - Margaret Stohl

Black Widow: Forever Red by Margaret Stohl
Published on October 13, 2015 by Marvel Press
Enter the world of the Avengers' iconic master spy

Natasha Romanoff is one of the world's most lethal assassins. Trained from a young age in the arts of death and deception, Natasha was given the title of Black Widow by Ivan Somodorov, her brutal teacher at the Red Room, Moscow's infamous academy for operatives.

Ava Orlova is just trying to fit in as an average Brooklyn teenager, but her life has been anything but average.The daughter of a missing Russian quantum physicist, Ava was once subjected to a series of ruthless military experiments-until she was rescued by Black Widow and placed under S.H.I.E.L.D. protection. Ava has always longed to reconnect with her mysterious savior, but Black Widow isn't really the big sister type.

Until now.

When children all over Eastern Europe begin to go missing, and rumors of smuggled Red Room tech light up the dark net, Natasha suspects her old teacher has returned-and that Ava Orlova might be the only one who can stop him. To defeat the madman who threatens their future, Natasha and Ava must unravel their pasts. Only then will they discover the truth about the dark-eyed boy with an hourglass tattoo who haunts Ava's dreams. . . .

Black Widow:Forever Red features all the heart-pounding adventure readers expect from Marvel, written by #1 New York Times best-selling author Margaret Stohl. Uncover a new side of the Marvel Universe that will thrill loyal fans and newcomers alike, as Stohl reveals the untold story of Black Widow for the very first time.
To say that I was excited about this book is an understatement, I love the Marvel universe of the movies since Iron Man was released on 2008 and, maybe a personal mistake, I came here expecting more of the same we see on the screens or at least a book that would be similar to the tone but that is not what I found. For starters this doesn't fit with the movies time line, since there is things here that we only get to know on Age of Ultron, with characters that aren't supposed to be here since The Avengers and places that don't exist since The Winter Soldier so yeah, not cannon.

That would have been totally okay, since this is a book and it never proposed (as far as I know) to be cannon with the movies universe still, things never lived up to what I was expecting. This book is divided in three POV's, I have to say that this annoyed me because the whole marketing of it focus on being a Black Widow book but honestly I think Natasha's POV is the one that shows up less on the story, we have much more focus on Ava and Alex and I'm sorry but I wasn't here to read about teenagers instaloving each other.

Oh yeah, the romance was another thing that annoyed me here. Ava and Alex have a "connection" since they first see each other, they instantly care about each other and are willing to risk their lives because why not die for this person that I just met right. This made their chapters annoying too, since they couldn't stop thinking about how an amazing connection they had and how much they cared about each other etc. after less than a day, less than a few hours, to say I wasn't a fan is the least.

What I did enjoyed of this book was its action sequences, I think they were written on a fast paced way that made me glue on the pages and want to keep reading it, good that there was so much action scenes that I was kept interested and did finish it, this is were I think this story is similar to the movies and comics - the action is very agile and cinematographic, it was easy to imagine things happening on my head while reading.

In the end I was left with an underwhelming feeling towards this book, I saw some glimpses of greatness like on the action sequences or on some ironical tirade from Tony or Coulson but it never went beyond it. I don't really know to who recommend this either, maybe newcomers to the Marvel universe that aren't really into movies, idk, this is hard.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário