quinta-feira, 29 de outubro de 2015

A Song To Remember: Queen of Shadows

Hey guys, today I'm here with a brand new feature that I hope you will enjoy. Books and songs are something that sometimes match so perfectly that we have that thought "this song is exactly the fit for X book/scene/series/character", we all know this felling and a lot of other blogs already have features that match books and songs but now is my time to show you my matches! A Song To Remember is all about matching books with songs that I enjoy listening too.

This time around the book is "Queen of Shadows" by Sarah J. Maas, I didn't review it because it's basically impossible without spoiling everything (I did think on doing a discussion post about it but laziness and all that), so to try to make this book justice I complied 5 songs that I think match it's clime perfectly. Let's see them, click on the name of the songs for official video clips:

1. Run the World (Girls) - Beyoncé | This was a no brainer since this whole series is ruled by girls and this is basically a national anthem to girl power.
"My persuasion can build a nation / Endless power / With our love we can devour / You'll do anything for me / Who run the world (Girls)"
2. .  Salute - Little Mix | This one is also all about girl power but I think is more undervalued which shouldn't be because it's awesome, I specially picture this one with the Thirteen.
"You think we're just pretty things / Couldn't be more wrong (we're standing strong, caring on) / Knock us but we keep moving up (we're moving up) / Can't stop a hurricane, ladies it's time to awake (...) Ladies, the time has come, the war has begun / Let us stand together / And remember, men fight great, but women are greater fighters"

3. Fighter - Christina Aguilera | I picture Aelin singing this one to Arobynn, especially after that dinner scene, I think it fits so perfectly her relationship with him, not just this part bellow but all of this song.
"Never saw it coming, all of your backstabbing / Just so you could cash in a good thing before I'd realize your game / I heard you're going around playing the victim now / But don't even begin feeling I'm the one to blame / Cause you dig your own grave "
4. Castle - Halsey | THE ENDING. This I picture at the ending, on the scene where Aelin, Dorian and the King are on the castle and GAH SPOILERS. So yeah, I just really like this song and think it matches with that scene.
"I'm headed straight for the castle / They wanna make me their queen / And there is an old man sitting on the throne that's saying that I should probably shouldn't be so mean / I'm headed straight for the castle / They've got the kingdom locked up / And there is an old man sitting on the throne that's saying that I should probably keep my pretty mouth shut / Straight for the castle / Oh, all these minutes passing, sick of feeling used / If you wanna break these walls downs, you're gonna get bruised / Now my neck is open wide, begging for a fist around it / Already chocking on pride, there is no use crying about it"
 5. Girl on Fire - Alicia Keys (Cover by Nicole Cross) | Totally Aelin song. I mean "You can try but you'll never forget her name" it's such a true statement.
'She's just a girl and she's on fire / Hotter than a fantasy, lonely like a highway / She's living in a world and it's on fire / Filled with catastrophe, but she knows she can fly away (...) Looks like a girl but she is a flame / So bright she can burn your eyes / Better look the other way / You can try but you'll never forget her name"
So did you guys agree with my choices? Which are the songs that YOU think match Queen of Shadows? Tell me all about it on the comments!

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário