terça-feira, 17 de novembro de 2015

Cress - Marissa Meyer

Cress by Marissa Meyer
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #3
Published on February 4, 2014 by Feiwel & Friends


In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.
 Guys, I'm in love with Cress, I really don't think any of the other Lunar protagonists conquered my heart so quickly and easily and it's really clear why. Cress reminded me of Felicity, from the tv show Arrow which is one of my favorite shows and she is definitively my favorite character of it, Cress with her awkward ways around people (because you know is hard to develop social skills when stuck on a satellite most of her life), her insanely good hacker abilities and huge crush on Thorne, won me over in just a few pages, safe to say that the more I read about her and the troubles she passes through this book I liked her more and more, also I feel like she would totally understand my crush on Thorne too and we would spend all the night gushing over him.


Despite starting as a sheltered girl, not having much of a life outside her computers, Cress still manages to go through a lot during this story and grow a back bone while being herself still. I have to say I specially love the way she created to deal with hard situations by imagining stories on her head based on the drama shows she watched all her life, it was fun and showed her naive ways to see the world. She also challenged a lot of common places for heroines, since she is naive while also being a super genius, she is awkward and say the wrong things at times but is completely unique on her hacker skills, she isn't physically strong and does at times need or even want to be rescued by her knit on shine armor (Thorne in case you didn't noticed yet) but is the one that saves the day a lot of times. Yay, for strong kick ass heroines that don't fit the mold YA created years ago with Katniss like heroines.

Since I already mentioned Thorne so many times and how Cress has a crush on him let's talk about their relationship. They end up being together for the most part of the story because of spoilery things and it's a hard situation, physically and emotionally, so this definitely created a bound between them. There isn't much romance properly saying since it's mostly Cress crushing on Thorne and Thorne, well being Thorne all charming and stuff, but I feel like this made them the best couple of the series so far, my biggest complaint whit the others romances where their instalove but this time around there isn't any of that on play. Cress does eventually grows and realizes the distinctions between the Thorne she created on her head and the real one, so even from her side there wasn't any instalove for me. Also their scenes where so cute and I giggled a lot of times, so win win.


I guess there was other characters on this story too, so I should probably talk about them too, hmm, these characters continue to grow on me. I'm actually really surprised by how much I'm caring about Cinder since her voice really didn't stood out for me on the first book but now she grew so much, I'm liking to see how much she grew and how hard she is trying to make everything work while still caring insecurities that make her a character easy to relate. Wolf is still my least favorite character, sorry for all his fans, but I just don't click with the guy I think he's a weakness on their group with his mind control stuff and just no. Scarlet shows up very little on this one, but when she did it was pretty scary stuff, also Winter makes an appearance on this book and I was like !!!!!!!!!! so excited to read more from her point of view that is bound to be very unique.

Overall this was, so far, my favorite of the series, Cress won me over as my favorite heroine of this story and at each book I grew more attached to the rest of the cast, even the ones that weren't my favorites at first. I totally recommend to readers of the series, I mean what are you guys awaiting to finally pick this up but also to everyone looking for a very fun and fast paced YA science fiction series.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário