quinta-feira, 8 de setembro de 2016

Opal - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #3
Published on December 11, 2012 by Entangled Teen


After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

Opal is definitely my favorite of this series so far, I started it just a few days after finished Onyx, because despite its predecessor having annoyed me and took me so long to finish with that end I was obviously obligated to start this one as soon as humanly possible, Armentrout has a thing for cliffhangers.

A lot of the enjoyment of this one revolves around if you ship the ship or not, but this is a paranormal romance so I'm guessing you ship Katy and Daemon if you got this far into it. They are (finally) in a relationship and it was just so freaking good, I was worried that with the new couple status their banter would die down but it didn't, they continue to be the same awesome Katy and Daemon and having their completely independent personalities. This does result in a lot of disagreements between them but Armentrout just handled it perfectly, they both respect each others choices, even if they wish it wasn't their choices, and try to understand each other reasoning. There also a lot more of make out sessions between them, so if you're into their chemistry there is plenty of that too.

On the contrary of the first two we actually have a very clear plot right from the start, the group has a goal and starts to plan how to achieve it. There was a few things that required a bit of suspension of disbelief on my part around how some things of this alien world worked, as always, and things that weren't as clear for me, but it involves spoilery things so I can't really get into it, if you already got this far in this series you will probably won't be too bothered, at least not when reading it - basically, just don't think to much about it.

We also have Dawson and well, he is pretty fucked up and weird at first but things start to get better for him, this was actually just another point for me to gush about how perfect Katy and Daemon are for each other, because they unite forces to make him more comfortable after what he went through. For some reason (okay, for plot reasons) we still have the annoying presence of Blake, he is even more creepy than in Onyx, basically because everyone already knows he is a creeper so no reason to try and hide it now, I honestly expect him to met a very painful and slow death on Origin, specially after that ending - oh, yeah, we have yet another cliffhanger at the end of this one.

Lux is finally shaping up to be one of my favorite paranormal series, I mean I did get this far already so that is something good to say about Armentrout's addictive writing skills. Opal was a great addition to this series, with a sweet romance, hot aliens with super powers ready to kick some ass and some pretty evil and creepy enemies, this is a win for paranormal romance fans and I'm totally read for Origin, bring it on. 

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário