segunda-feira, 29 de agosto de 2016

Onyx - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #2
Published on August 14, 2012 by Entangled Teen


Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies...
When I read Obsidian I was really happy because it was such a fun and brain candy kind of read, so I few days after finishing it I jumped right into Onyx but that didn't go so well, it took me almost a year (YES, A YEAR) to finish this one, most of it was because this drama was so filled with unnecessary drama that each time I would pick up to try to read I would be trow out of the story.

So, we start with Katy and Daemon trying to figure out what the hell happened with her at the end of last book and what are the consequences for her body. One of those consequences seems to be a connection between her and Daemon and god, this part annoyed me, they still have their great chemistry and Daemon is ready to admit that he wants to be with Katy BUT she keeps thinking that he only wants that because of their weird alien connection, even thought they already had some pretty hot make out scenes before that like seriously girl. So yeah, a lot of the fun romantic scenes that we get from Katy and Daemon are gone in this installment.

Another reason for the romance between them to go cold is a freaking love triangle, this Blake guy comes out of nowhere and suddenly is super interested in Katy, of course she thinks it's a great idea to start something with him even thought she is clearly in love with Daemon.This made Daemon act like a total stalker a few too many times, for a lot of their interactions being just fighting over Blake and to have a lot of useless scenes between Katy and Blake that I think are supposed to be romantic, but I mean, we all know how this is gonna play out in the end so why bother with this.

Though I did liked the part of Blake on the story on the last half on the story, when Katy grows up and is ready to admit that she doesn't have feelings for him because of Daemon, and they only stay... Friends, let's call them that for the time being. He was definitely a creeper and there was so many hints for Katy to RUN AWAY FROM THIS FREAKING GUY, but for the sake of the plot we have to deal with him and boy, things get really interesting with some twists towards the end.

Another drama that bothered me is between Katy and Dee, for some reason Katy thinks it's best for her to stop talking with Dee to protect her and of course she doesn't tell her why she stops altogether talking and hanging out with her, so drama ensues. I really didn't see the reasoning for this, I mean Dee lives in the same house as Daemon and Katy talks with him everyday, he goes to her house, they are seem together in public places, so Dee is already a target because everyone knows she is Daemon's sister, which will make Daemon and Katy care about her, friendship or not, and not talking with her, keeping her out of the loop of what is happening can only result in shit happening.

The plot, as in the first book, isn't very clear right from the start and it only starts taking shape towards the middle/end of the story, I have to say that from them on the story is much better and it gets to the fun way that I remembered of this series but it took so many pages, patience and time to get there that I really don't know how I managed to finish reading this one.

Overall I was pretty disappointed with this installment on the series, I continued reading because of that ending which was "WHOA" but I seriously hope the other books have a more clear plot and much less drama. Only recommended to fans of the first book, because honestly if you're not already, at least a bit, invested in this story it will probably be hard to keep going.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário