terça-feira, 9 de agosto de 2016

Top Ten Favorite Books of 2016 So Far

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Today's topic is Rewind, meaning get a older TTT that you missed and would like to do, so I'm gonna to a Favorites of my first half of the year. They are not in any kind of order and do not include re-reads, because it wouldn't be fair that way.


1. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson: this was my first Morgan Matson but it definitely won't be the last, it was perfect summer fluff with amazing friendships, swoony romance and a family that broke my heart and put the pieces back together.


2. The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick: another new to me super popular author that only this year I got around to read, this book was a quiet one at first but it won me over with its amazing character and such heartfelt, hopeful story.


3. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: this book blew my mind, I had already read Looking for Alibrandi and liked but it wasn't everything people were telling me about, them I started SF but couldn't get myself to finish since I cried every few pages, so when I started Jellicoe Road I was wary that maybe Marchetta wasn't for me but oh my god, she is, this book is amazing and unique and I loved it to pieces (also, Saving Francesca is also one of my favorites this year but I won't put two books of the same author).


4. Trouble Makes a Comeback by Stephanie Tromly: this book is only getting published on november of this year but I couldn't wait to dive right into it after finishing Trouble Is a Friend of Mine (which I also enjoyed immensely), this series is hilarious, has one of the best ragtag groups that I ever read/watched and the mysteries are always over the top and full of twists. 


5. Firs & Then by Emma Mills: this book is fluffy heaven guys, if you want some light, contemporary read with a great romance, friendship and family dynamics you definitely need this book in your live, is that kind of read-in-one-night feel good story.


6. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella: I love Kinsella's book since I discovered Becky Bloom, back in 2008 or 2009, since them I always know that I'm going to have a fun time reading her stories, when I discovered she was going to launch a new YA book I was over the moon and it didn't disappoint me. It deals with anxiety in a realistic way but it never become a "heavy stuff" kind of book, in a way that only Kinsella could have done. Plus for amazing family and cute romance.


7. The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: I'm putting the first book here but the recommendation is for this series in general, seriously this is so amazing, it's a YA mystery/political thriller at its best, its VM mixed with Scandal mixed with all the feelings and all the twist-y plots possible. It's amazing and you should definitely be reading it already.


8. Uprooted by Naomi Novik: this is one of my very rare stand alone books that I wished were a series or at least had more pages, it's a very unique fantasy novel that has a coming of age story for the main character wrapped up with the salving of this kingdom, plus for the swooniest of the romances. 


9. Just Visiting by Dahlia Adler: I think that if you're on the blogging community you probably already heard of Dahlia, since she is a writer and advocate for diverse books, I've been dying to read something from her and finally did with this one and boy, it was a good idea. This is a coming of age story focused on a friendship that gave me all the feels, from sad to happy to hopeful to swoony to heartbroken, everything seriously, such a good read.


10, The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh: The Wrath and the Dawn surprised me last year as one of my favorite reads, because of its amazing and almost magical writing, the force of nature that is Shahrzad and the great love story between her and Khalid, in this sequel Ahdieh doesn't disappoint, this tale continued to amaze me and to bring on the feels. 

 That was it for today, did any of these reads is one of your favorites too? Let me know!

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário