quinta-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2016

The Impostor Queen - Sarah Fine

The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine
Series: Untitled #1
Published on January 5, 2015 by Margaret K. McElderry Books 
[This book was given to me by the Publisher, this in no way affected my opinion.]


Sixteen-year-old Elli was a small child when the Elders of Kupari chose her to succeed the Valtia, the queen who wields infinitely powerful ice and fire magic. Since then, Elli has lived in the temple, surrounded by luxury and tutored by magical priests, as she prepares for the day when the Valtia perishes and the magic finds a new home in her. Elli is destined to be the most powerful Valtia to ever rule.

But when the queen dies defending the kingdom from invading warriors, the magic doesn’t enter Elli. It’s nowhere to be found.

Disgraced, Elli flees to the outlands, the home of banished criminals—some who would love to see the temple burn with all its priests inside. As she finds her footing in this new world, Elli uncovers devastating new information about the Kupari magic, those who wield it, and the prophecy that foretold her destiny. Torn between the love she has for her people and her growing loyalty to the banished, Elli struggles to understand the true role she was meant to play. But as war looms, she must align with the right side—before the kingdom and its magic are completely destroyed.
First of all let me say that if you didn't read the synopses of this book yet DON'T READ IT! Seriously, the synopses is like 20 to 30% of the start of it and for me that is a pretty big part of the story to have it spoiled to you. If you already read it them, well be aware that the things said in it will take a good part of the book, but don't worry you'll enjoy it nonetheless because this book is awesome.

The start of this book was pretty slow for me, the first 20% or so, we have a lot to understand about this world and its magic and politic (also I may have to blame the fact that The Vanishing Throne came out right when I started reading this one and I mean, after that cliffhanger I needed to get to that one first) but once some spoilery things happen things get more fast paced and oh my god I finished the other 80% in a day. So what I'm trying to say is, if you think this has a slow start stick with it that will be worth ir, trust me.

Elli, our main character, is a strong heroine in a completely new way, she was raised to be a queen and because of that is selfless but that isn't a weakness on her, there is some pretty funny scenes too when she is getting used to live on her own since she was pampered all her life but it was good to see that this didn't turned her useless, she wants to prove herself and her worthy even if not the way she was expecting. The secondary characters were also amazing, I absolutely loved Oskar (btw I kept thinking his name as Oksar when I was reading for some reason unknown) and his family, there was so much touching scenes with them.

And oh my god the shippy feels, like honestly I'm all in with ships and stuff, I'm of the kind that think a kissing book is always better than a no-kissing book but this one took this to a whole new level, there was scenes that I giggled, scenes that I want to push their faces together and make them kiss already because omg I couldn't deal with all the sexual tension, and scenes where I wanted to punch both in the face for being such babies. Also, plus side Elli is a declared bissexual character, yep that's right finally I read a book about a main character that is bissexual and it was a fantasy one and it was amazing, CAN I GET AN AMEN.

 If you still don't think this book is for you I don't know what else to say to convince you, this is an amazing fantasy story that has a slow start but them starts building up and towards the end you don't know what hit you, since it's an explosion of feels both happy and not so much. There is a ship of goodness, a cast of characters that are incredible build that will make you care about them and a unique fantasy take on magic. Please just get reading this one already so we can discuss all the spoilery things.

2 comentários :

  1. I'm si glad I read your review before I picked this one! I already read the synopses but I don't remember much, so I won't read it again.
    This sounds amazing! Can't wait to read it!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. I LOVED this book! Ahhh, it was wonderful. Oskar and Elli are so great together. I can't wait to read the sequel!

    I highly recommend Sarah Fine's other books - I'm ten for ten, with her novels! I've officially run out of Fine books to read. ;D

    Lovely review, Deyse!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ResponderExcluir