quinta-feira, 16 de fevereiro de 2017

Reading Diary | June 2016

This will be an update of all the books that I read on June of 2016, with links to reviews already posted on the blog or a small impression on the story.

June was a pretty good month, reading wise - I read more and I read more thing that I liked/loved.

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments
Published originally on July 7, 2008 by Walker Books

And the re-read continues! Unfortunately after this one I kind stopped :( but I plan on continuing from the third one this year, soon-ish.

Anyway, my love for this series just grows more and more each time, I love these characters fiercely and reading about their adventures and relationships all over again knowing where everything is going is amazing.

Also, these new covers are so pretty, I only have 3 right now but I need all of them on this new editions.




The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick
Published on February 11, 2014 by Harper

This book was a surprise favorite, I had never read anything by Quick before and really wanted to try, I choose this one at random to start with and oh boy, now I HAVE to read EVERYTHING he ever publishes, because seriously this is the kind of book that makes reading one of my favorite things.

It was slow, all the way through, the pacing is even and the story isn't gripping you because of its plot, it gripes you because of the characters. They are flawed and realistic, seeing the world through Neil's eyes was a whole new experience and the way this story is narrated reflect on it, being simple and direct, but always packing a great deal of feelings, it turned this reading this book into an amazing thing.



Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
Published on June 9, 2015 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers

I was a bit scared going into this one, because Kinsella's protagonists tend to be a bit ditsy and dumb just for the laughs, and her books are never all that serious, so I wanted to see how this author was going to deal with anxiety and changing for the YA audience.

Well, the answer is she did amazing, this is my favorite Kinsella book so far and I loved the way it dealt with anxiety. I can't praise it enough for the way included therapy and medication in it, the way it showed Audrey's progress in her treatment but that it isn't all roses and that people with anxiety will have ups and downs, just as anybody else, and that yes, you can learn to dealt with it and have a life. Love, love, love.


The Rose & the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh
Series: The Wrath & the Dawn #2
Published on April 26, 2016 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers 

I read the other two short stories from this series (The Moth & the Flame and The Mirror & the Maze) and them finally finished reading this one, I don't know what happened, I started it back in March and got distracted and only finished it in June. Don't get me wrong, I still loved this one and this is one of my favorite duologies ever BUT there was a few stuff that kept me from loving this one as unconditionally than the first one. We have a larger cast this time, and I just hoped that we had been following these characters since book 1, because as of right now I wasn't all that happy about they introduction in the story, I only had a limited time with my favorite characters and it kept being cut short by all of those people that I didn't give a fuck, I know they are important for plot reasons but whatever. Also, some of the old characters are given more backstory and developed, just to manipulate my feelings because everyone suffers with that ending. There was very little of magic and I wanted more of Shazi's power. Despite this I still loved it very much and I wanted to life forever in that epilogue.

George by Alex Gino
Published on August 25, 2015 by Scholastic Press

Can I hug this book? This is such a short story that should be given of every kid out there because the message that it passes is one that ought to be delivered to the world, also it doesn't appeal only to the LGBT+ part of society, it has a message of acceptance and growing into oneself that is important to everyone.

This one was an instant favorite, it make me laugh and so, so happy but there was some sad moments too, it was realistic while still being hopeful and positive, there was a few characters that I wanted to shake and scream (mostly adults, because adults are dumb) but there was also the other ones, that made up for it and I just wanted to hug them and say thank you <3

Please read this book.


Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly
Series: Trouble #1
Published on August 4, 2015 by Kathy Dawson Books


- I alway think of Musgrave as Killgrave

 - I started this book back on january but put it down because I wasn't sure if it was gonna work for me, the characters and the story were so weird and unbelievable but a lot of greatness can come from weird so I decides to try it again I'm so happy for it. This book IS weird and unbelievable and the most hilarious book that I've read in these past months, I laughed out loud so many times, like REALLY laughed, it has a fantastic set of unique characters, who are flawled, make mistakes and infuriated me sometimes but also made me care for them. The mystery took turns that I would never have guessed and the ending wasn't a cliffhanger but made me want the second book desperately.

I also read Proposal (The Mediator #6.5) it was short and sweet, but I didn't had any strong feelings towards it.

Nenhum comentário :

Postar um comentário